
So people, including myself, have jump on the TwitterTrain (follow me www.twitter.com/kiwimami).
If you dont know what Twitter is but have a Facebook, let me break it down to you what this new phenomenomn is. Basically it is like updating your Facebook status 24/7 all day every day...about random ish...
So people are talking that since the Tweet updates are better than updating one's Facebook status, that surely FB is useless now right. WRONG! WRONG WRONG!
Twitter is cool but I still have so much Love for FaceBook! It still has things that I love. Twitter is #1 rising social media networking site right now, but Facebook still has plenty of love...and I will tell you why.
-Because you can still be super nosy- Yes I said it! Everyone knows Facebook is like stalkerville. With the ease of the FB Newsfeeds, you can look at people's everything from their photos, to status updates, to dating, to wall postings. You gotta keep up with people, even the ones you haven't talk to since high school. Its like following Celebrity gossip, only with people you actually know (Girl guess who is pregnant now, again?)
-Because of the photos- I cant be the only one who can wait to go out and do something with my friends and we all have our cameras so we can yes...POST THEM ON FACEBOOK! I know I am not the only one and its fun to get tag and tag your friends. Also bonus points to tag your friends doing stupid, embarassing things to tag them in so they can fuss and beg you to take it down (NOOO!) Confession Alert: I love tagging my BF to all of our picture so I can let his so called "friends" or as I call them "groupies" know that I am around...all the time (so everytime you look at my man's photo's you will see my a** in them too...TRY ME AND GET YUOR FEELINGS HURT).
-Because I still like Facebook status updates- Yes Twitter updates are accessible all day but sometimes they are so obnoxious. Facebook statuses are more genuine to be and simple. I don't like to see all the time someone update how they just "used the bathroom" or "I cant sleep so I am going to tell you everything I am doing by the second until I tire myself out". Facebook users know better not update their status all the time.
-Because I can see people I have seen literally in decades- Yes Facebook is responsible for connecting us with people we have not seen since forever. Yes I have even reaquainted myself with people from my elementary school. We dont have elementary school reunions so thanks Facebook! And speaking of reunions, soon people can forget their 10 year reunions because you pretty much will know everyones lives and updates, what will be the point soon? I guess personally connection...Damnit I guess I will still go to mine.
-Because I dont have to be your friend, but you can still kind of see me.- This is targeted to someone in my past. I am not this person's friend on FB nor do I want to. I dont want him to see my updates or my pictures nor do I wanna see this person's info. But this person wanted to be so close to me in anyway they could, so they befriended one of my best friends...so this person can see all of my pictures if me & her are tagged together. They get a sprinkle of my life but still closed out. I love it!
Because Facebook is the ish- Since I joined in '05 it never failed me. It might go through its little stupid layout changes and such, but it is still my fav social media tool. Facebook I will not neglect you (unless you F-up).
*****Sorry folks I cannot link my Facebook page for you guys. It is hidden and even if you search me, you wont find me. I kind of like it that way because if you goggle search me, cant find it. It has my govt name on it so I cant add it as a badge (or this blog will show up on the search engine and I dont want certain people to know about this blog- employers or other people). So for now I cannot link you to it. But if you comment on here for me to add you as a friend I would love to be your FB friend (Thats FaceBook Friend you jerk-lol)!****
COMMENT FOR ME TO ADD YOU AS A FACEBOOK FRIEND


4 comments:
Aww, I've been a facebookie since 05 too! That's when it was the best lol. I'm anti-twitter so I really liked this post :) Me and FB have broken up many times do to groupie drama, but Im back on now and its cool....p.s. I guess myspace is fired!
I love my facebook I dont know I can not get with twitter maybe because I dont have enough followers lol
lmao @ They get a sprinkle of my life but still closed out. I love it!
Yea facebook is alot better. I have a twitter www.twitter.com/meldenise but i'm only on there cuz alot of my friends are.
and i wanna be ur facebook friend lol my name on there is Melanie Denise Guthrie and i'm under the Howard network :) haha thanks
Hey Kiwi I feel like I havent read your blog in forever. Anywho I just started following you on twitter. twitter.com/beemiss
Post a Comment